Hudson Data is a data science solutions firm specializing in big data and predictive analytics. Through the application of Big Data, machine learning techniques and highly advanced algorithms, Hudson Data solves some of the most challenging business problems faced by data driven enterprises. Our office is headquartered in downtown New York City, near Wall Street.
One of our leading financial clients is looking to fill Hadoop Developer positions. This position will be based out of NC.
The details are as follows:
- Leverage engineering experience to build big data platforms
- Establish an on-going process to maintain quality data
- Maintain data feeds in the warehouse, and down stream systems
- From day one, you execute and think
- Balance independent and collaborative problem-solving
- Communicate findings and results with the team
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Mastery in developing solutions using Hadoop Ecosystem ( Map Reduce, Hive, Spark)
- Detailed experience in Python, SQL, Shell Scripting required
- Expertise in debugging and troubleshooting code
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a large, geographically diverse systems, interactions, handoffs
- BS or MS degree in IT or related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research or another quantitative discipline)